All the fun of the circus comes to Hatfield
ALL the fun of the circus can be had in Hatfield next week. John Lawson's Circus will take place at Birchwood Playing Fields from Wednesday. Ringmaster Attila Endresz will introduce acts such as Wild West knife throwers The Nevadas, Hungarian high speed
ALL the fun of the circus can be had in Hatfield next week.
John Lawson's Circus will take place at Birchwood Playing Fields from Wednesday.
Ringmaster Attila Endresz will introduce acts such as Wild West knife throwers The Nevadas, Hungarian high speed juggler Henrick, and daredevil Duo Stratosphere, who perform trapeze stunts suspended from a revolving space rocket.
Nora Veres will also be at the show and will fly around the roof of the Big Top suspended by her hair!
You may also want to watch:
According to a circus spokesman she is the "only" artiste in the UK to attempt this dangerous act.
The spokesman added: "The show also features The Popolino Musical Clowns, who mix music, magic and mayhem in their own unique brand of side-splitting silliness.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 6 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 7 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 8 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
"This madcap pair will be arriving with a trunk full of tricks and an exploding grand piano."
The circus runs until October 25.
Show times are: weekdays at 4.30pm and 7.30pm; Saturday at 2pm and 5pm and Sunday at 2pm only.
Tickets cost �7 - apart from on the first night when all seats are �5.
For information and to book your tickets call the circus box office on 07860 498833.
* TO celebrate the circus' visit to Hatfield, ringmaster Attila Endresz has given the Welwyn & Hatfield Times a bumper pack of six family tickets to give away.
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is to answer the following question:
What is the name of the circus?
a) Johnny Ring's
b) John Lawson's
c) Joe Smith's
Email your answer, with your name, address, age and telephone number, to email@example.com by Monday, October 19 or send your entry to Circus Competition, WHT, 31a Howardsgate, WGC, Herts, AL8 6AP.
Normal Archant rules apply.