Alice in Chains and NiN linked with Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
MORE bands are being linked with this summer s rock spectacular at Knebworth. Rumoured to be playing alongside Metallica and Linkin Park are Seattle legends Alice in Chains and American industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails. Both look set to be added to the
MORE bands are being linked with this summer's rock spectacular at Knebworth.
Rumoured to be playing alongside Metallica and Linkin Park are Seattle legends Alice in Chains and American industrial rockers Nine Inch Nails.
Both look set to be added to the inaugural Sonisphere bill at Knebworth House on August 1-2 as special guests.
Alice in Chains rose to international prominence as part of the grunge movement of the early 1990s, alongside seminal bands such as Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden.
Meanwhile, Grammy winners NiN are fronted by Trent Raznor.
Heavy metal gods Metallica and nu-metal giants Linkin Park are already confirmed headliners for the two-day camping festival at the Hertfordshire stately home.
- 1 Primary school drops to 'inadequate' Ofsted rating five years after 'Good' score
- 2 Older woman assaulted in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 'Best headteacher' leaves Hatfield school
- 4 QEII Hospital to receive million pound investment
- 5 From Welwyn Garden City to Colorado: The long-distance fiancées fundraising for a UK visa
- 6 Where you can get a walk-in booster or vaccine this weekend
- 7 Hatfield man faces murder charge
- 8 Hatfield to get new pub following £9 million investment
- 9 Planning inquiry to determine quarry plans for Hatfield Aerodrome closes
- 10 MP Oliver Dowden reacts to Downing Street 'party'
Linkin Park will headline the opening night with Metallica closing the event on the Sunday.
Also confirmed for the UK leg of the Sonisphere Festival are Lamb of God and Mastodon.
Slipknot are also playing on earlier European dates of the touring festival.