Alesha Dixon to become judge on Strictly Come Dancing
DANCING star and Welwyn Garden City beauty Alesha Dixon will be on the judging panel of this year's glittering Strictly Come Dancing. The news – confirmed today (Thursday) by the BBC – means the winner of the competition's 2007 series will take over from
DANCING star and Welwyn Garden City beauty Alesha Dixon will be on the judging panel of this year's glittering Strictly Come Dancing.
The news - confirmed today (Thursday) by the BBC - means the winner of the competition's 2007 series will take over from former judge Arlene Phillips.
Announcing the move, BBC One controller Jay Hunt said: "As a former Strictly champion, Alesha knows exactly what it takes to win.
"Her eye for great performance and her charisma and charm make Alesha a great addition to the judging panel."
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about her return to the show, Alesha, a former Monk's Walk pupil and Mis-Teeq starlet, said: "I'm honoured and excited to be joining the judging panel.
"I've always felt like part of the Strictly family and really believe in the show."
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
Strictly Come Dancing will return for its seventh series on BBC One in the autumn.