Alesha Dixon to become judge on Strictly Come Dancing
DANCING star and Welwyn Garden City beauty Alesha Dixon will be on the judging panel of this year's glittering Strictly Come Dancing. The news – confirmed today (Thursday) by the BBC – means the winner of the competition's 2007 series will take over from
DANCING star and Welwyn Garden City beauty Alesha Dixon will be on the judging panel of this year's glittering Strictly Come Dancing.
The news - confirmed today (Thursday) by the BBC - means the winner of the competition's 2007 series will take over from former judge Arlene Phillips.
Announcing the move, BBC One controller Jay Hunt said: "As a former Strictly champion, Alesha knows exactly what it takes to win.
"Her eye for great performance and her charisma and charm make Alesha a great addition to the judging panel."
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about her return to the show, Alesha, a former Monk's Walk pupil and Mis-Teeq starlet, said: "I'm honoured and excited to be joining the judging panel.
"I've always felt like part of the Strictly family and really believe in the show."
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
Strictly Come Dancing will return for its seventh series on BBC One in the autumn.