Alesha Dixon to become judge on Strictly Come Dancing
DANCING star and Welwyn Garden City beauty Alesha Dixon will be on the judging panel of this year's glittering Strictly Come Dancing. The news – confirmed today (Thursday) by the BBC – means the winner of the competition's 2007 series will take over from
DANCING star and Welwyn Garden City beauty Alesha Dixon will be on the judging panel of this year's glittering Strictly Come Dancing.
The news - confirmed today (Thursday) by the BBC - means the winner of the competition's 2007 series will take over from former judge Arlene Phillips.
Announcing the move, BBC One controller Jay Hunt said: "As a former Strictly champion, Alesha knows exactly what it takes to win.
"Her eye for great performance and her charisma and charm make Alesha a great addition to the judging panel."
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about her return to the show, Alesha, a former Monk's Walk pupil and Mis-Teeq starlet, said: "I'm honoured and excited to be joining the judging panel.
"I've always felt like part of the Strictly family and really believe in the show."
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
Strictly Come Dancing will return for its seventh series on BBC One in the autumn.