Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- Credit: Daniel Graves
Aldi is looking at a number of locations in Hertfordshire as part of plans to open 100 new stores over the next two years.
The supermarket has pledged to invest £1.3 billion by 2023, as it continues to push ahead with opening an average of one new store a week.
Hertfordshire towns where the supermarket is currently looking for sites include:
- London Colney
- Potters Bar
- St Albans
“We’re continuing to gain even more customers - with over 60 per cent of UK households shopping with Aldi in the last year,” said Richard Thornton, communications director at Aldi UK.
You may also want to watch:
“Our focus is on expanding our store estate, making sure Aldi is accessible to as many of these new shoppers across the country as possible.
“Looking ahead, we are excited to provide millions of new customers with access to Aldi’s award-winning quality and unbeatable value as we create even more places and more ways to shop with us.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank