Aircraft crashes in field in South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
Two people were injured after an aircraft crashed in a corn field in South Mimms.
Police were called by a member of the public at 2.55pm yesterday after a small aircraft crashed in a field near Earls Lane.
The caller had seen the aircraft circling very low and seemingly out of control, and said that it looked like it had crashed into a corn field.
There was no smoke coming from the aircraft, and the man flying the plane walked out of it after it landed.
Ambulance services were called at 2.53pm, and sent an ambulance officer, ambulance crew and a HEMS air ambulance to the scene.
They treated two patients for minor injuries before taking them to Barnet General Hospital via land ambulance for further care.
Fire services also attended to make the scene safe.
- 1 Man in his 80s attacked by dog in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Welwyn Hatfield landlord prosecuted for safety breaches at rental property
- 3 Police release CCTV imagery following Hatfield brawl
- 4 See inside this unique £7,500 per month rental home in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 WGC station to receive a makeover by local gardening group
- 6 Potters Bar care team wins innovation accolade at annual awards ceremony
- 7 Smiles aplenty as Potters Bar Carnival returns after two-year break
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 WGC's Vegan Market is back for one more day
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield Labour calls on Grant Shapps to negotiate over rail strikes
The crash is now being investigated by the Civil Aviation Authority.