Air ambulance called after man falls from scaffolding
A MAN was airlifted to hospital this morning (Thursday) after falling from scaffolding and suffering a head injury. The 48-year-old tumbled nearly 4m to the ground in the accident, which took place at around 8.30am in
A MAN was airlifted to hospital this morning (Thursday) after falling from scaffolding and suffering a head injury.
The 48-year-old tumbled nearly 4m to the ground in the accident, which took place at around 8.30am in The Crest, Goffs Oak.
Paramedics from Potters Bar attended, together with the Herts Air Ambulance which landed in the grounds of Cuffley Primary School.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "When the crews arrived at the scene they found a man lying on the floor after falling approximately 13 feet from scaffolding.
You may also want to watch:
"The doctor and paramedic from the air ambulance assisted the land crews stabilising the patient before he was airlifted to Queens Hospital in Romford."
The man, who is believed to be from East London, also suffered a back injury in the fall.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
He had been carrying out some building work on a friend's house when the accident took place.