Air ambulance called after man falls from scaffolding
A MAN was airlifted to hospital this morning (Thursday) after falling from scaffolding and suffering a head injury. The 48-year-old tumbled nearly 4m to the ground in the accident, which took place at around 8.30am in
A MAN was airlifted to hospital this morning (Thursday) after falling from scaffolding and suffering a head injury.
The 48-year-old tumbled nearly 4m to the ground in the accident, which took place at around 8.30am in The Crest, Goffs Oak.
Paramedics from Potters Bar attended, together with the Herts Air Ambulance which landed in the grounds of Cuffley Primary School.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "When the crews arrived at the scene they found a man lying on the floor after falling approximately 13 feet from scaffolding.
You may also want to watch:
"The doctor and paramedic from the air ambulance assisted the land crews stabilising the patient before he was airlifted to Queens Hospital in Romford."
The man, who is believed to be from East London, also suffered a back injury in the fall.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 5 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 8 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 9 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
He had been carrying out some building work on a friend's house when the accident took place.