Air ambulance called after man falls from scaffolding
A MAN was airlifted to hospital this morning (Thursday) after falling from scaffolding and suffering a head injury. The 48-year-old tumbled nearly 4m to the ground in the accident, which took place at around 8.30am in
A MAN was airlifted to hospital this morning (Thursday) after falling from scaffolding and suffering a head injury.
The 48-year-old tumbled nearly 4m to the ground in the accident, which took place at around 8.30am in The Crest, Goffs Oak.
Paramedics from Potters Bar attended, together with the Herts Air Ambulance which landed in the grounds of Cuffley Primary School.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: "When the crews arrived at the scene they found a man lying on the floor after falling approximately 13 feet from scaffolding.
You may also want to watch:
"The doctor and paramedic from the air ambulance assisted the land crews stabilising the patient before he was airlifted to Queens Hospital in Romford."
The man, who is believed to be from East London, also suffered a back injury in the fall.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
He had been carrying out some building work on a friend's house when the accident took place.