Activity days for children in Welwyn Hatfield hailed a success
A SERIES of activity days set up for young children in Welwyn Hatfield has been hailed as “very successful”.
The programme was run by Child UK and staged throughout August, three days a week for two hours a day.
The activity days were held in two locations in the borough, with one in Welham Green and one in Newgate Street Village.
The initiative was part funded through Cllr Irene Dean, who is lead member for young people on Welwyn Hatfield Council.
Cllr Dean gave �1,500 from the council’s community chest fund to run the project.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme was also funded by Cllr Keith Pieri, who gave �2,000.
Speaking about the project, Cllr Dean said that it had been “very successful” and all the children who took part enjoyed it.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats