Action plan to curb Brookmans Park parking problem
A FIVE-POINT action plan has been drafted to resolve the 'unacceptable' parking problems which have blighted a busy rural road. Hawkshead Lane, in Brookmans Park, has a long history of parking issues, which many residents attribute to students at the near
A FIVE-POINT action plan has been drafted to resolve the "unacceptable" parking problems which have blighted a busy rural road.
Hawkshead Lane, in Brookmans Park, has a long history of parking issues, which many residents attribute to students at the nearby Royal Veterinary College (RVC).
However on Friday, representatives from the college, the police, Welwyn Hatfield Council and the county council met MP Grant Shapps, pictured, to thrash out a solution.
Speaking to the WHT, Mr Shapps described the meeting as "very constructive".
He said: "It was acknowledged by all present that the parking situation in Hawkshead Lane is unacceptable and action is required to resolve the problem as soon as possible in view of the considerable inconvenience to residents, RVC staff and students and passers-by."
Mr Shapps, from Brookmans Park, added: "I wanted to get this meeting together with all the right people around the table in order to resolve one of the main issues, which was that everyone shared some responsibility, but that no one could fix the problem without greater coordination."
- 1 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 League Two sides heading to Potters Bar Town for pre-season
- 9 Man suffers leg injuries after stabbing at Queensway in Hatfield
- 10 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
Under proposals agreed at the meeting, the RVC will prepare a green travel plan and submit a planning application for 150 extra car parking spaces on the site.
An application for a clearway order will also be made, and both the RVC and the police agreed to help enforce responsible parking when these new measures are introduced.