Ace tiger picture wins Welwyn Garden City teenager Jack a prize
AT the age of just 16, Jack Bishop from WGC is the proud owner of an artist s easel – worth �350. The youngster, currently studying for his GCSEs, won first prize in the Ace Arts spring exhibition with his fantastic acrylic painting Tiger. His career in
AT the age of just 16, Jack Bishop from WGC is the proud owner of an artist's easel - worth �350.
The youngster, currently studying for his GCSEs, won first prize in the Ace Arts spring exhibition with his "fantastic" acrylic painting Tiger.
His career in the art world already looks promising with a place already secured at Oaklands College studying art and design
Mum Liz said: "Jack has always loved to draw, but only took up painting a year ago."
You may also want to watch:
Alex Bayer manager of Ace Arts, based in Tewin Court, Tewin Road, WGC, added: "It's so good that this fantastic prize has gone to such a deserving and talented youngster.
"We are very keen to encourage children to get involved in art."
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 4 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 7 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 8 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 9 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
For more information on Ace Arts and any upcoming workshops call Alex Bayer on 01707 390955.