Ace tiger picture wins Welwyn Garden City teenager Jack a prize
AT the age of just 16, Jack Bishop from WGC is the proud owner of an artist s easel – worth �350. The youngster, currently studying for his GCSEs, won first prize in the Ace Arts spring exhibition with his fantastic acrylic painting Tiger. His career in
AT the age of just 16, Jack Bishop from WGC is the proud owner of an artist's easel - worth �350.
The youngster, currently studying for his GCSEs, won first prize in the Ace Arts spring exhibition with his "fantastic" acrylic painting Tiger.
His career in the art world already looks promising with a place already secured at Oaklands College studying art and design
Mum Liz said: "Jack has always loved to draw, but only took up painting a year ago."
Alex Bayer manager of Ace Arts, based in Tewin Court, Tewin Road, WGC, added: "It's so good that this fantastic prize has gone to such a deserving and talented youngster.
"We are very keen to encourage children to get involved in art."
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
For more information on Ace Arts and any upcoming workshops call Alex Bayer on 01707 390955.