Ace tiger picture wins Welwyn Garden City teenager Jack a prize
AT the age of just 16, Jack Bishop from WGC is the proud owner of an artist s easel – worth �350. The youngster, currently studying for his GCSEs, won first prize in the Ace Arts spring exhibition with his fantastic acrylic painting Tiger. His career in
AT the age of just 16, Jack Bishop from WGC is the proud owner of an artist's easel - worth �350.
The youngster, currently studying for his GCSEs, won first prize in the Ace Arts spring exhibition with his "fantastic" acrylic painting Tiger.
His career in the art world already looks promising with a place already secured at Oaklands College studying art and design
Mum Liz said: "Jack has always loved to draw, but only took up painting a year ago."
You may also want to watch:
Alex Bayer manager of Ace Arts, based in Tewin Court, Tewin Road, WGC, added: "It's so good that this fantastic prize has gone to such a deserving and talented youngster.
"We are very keen to encourage children to get involved in art."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
For more information on Ace Arts and any upcoming workshops call Alex Bayer on 01707 390955.