Man arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs after multi-vehicle crash on A1(M)
- Credit: Harry Rutter/Archant
A serious injury multi-vehicle collision involving three vehicles took place on the A1(M) northbound between Junction 5 and 6 near Welwyn on Friday, February 5.
A fourth vehicle collided with debris on the southbound carriageway.
Police attended after being called around 7pm, along with ambulance and fire crews, with road closures in both directions while emergency services dealt with the incident and investigations took place.
It reopened in the early hours of Saturday (February 6).
One man was taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries.
A second man, aged 36, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs.
He has been released under investigation while further enquiries are carried out.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
Sergeant James Wood, of the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit, said: “Were you driving on the A1(M) on Friday evening and did you see this incident or capture it on a dash cam?
“If so, please get in touch as you may be able to assist our investigation.
“If you are able to help I can be contacted directly via email at email@example.com”
Witnesses and those with information or dash cam footage should call 101 quoting ISR 662 of February 5.