A1000 near Hatfield due to reopen after crash
Traffic is still building up along the A1000 Great North road following an earlier collision which left a pensioner fighting for his life. The road remains closed between Swanley Bar Lane and School Road, while police officers investigate
Traffic is still building up along the A1000 Great North road following an earlier collision with left a pensioner fighting for his life.
The road remains closed between Swanley Bar Lane and School Road, while police officers investigate the scene and recover the vehicles involved.
Shortly after 11am today (Tuesday) a red Citroen Picasso collided with a white Ford Transit van.
The driver of the Citroen, a man in his 70s, was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel with life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the van, a 24-year-old man, was taken to the QE2 with minor injuries.
A police spokeswoman said Great North Road was expected to reopen within the next half hour.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 5 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar