A1000 near Hatfield due to reopen after crash
Traffic is still building up along the A1000 Great North road following an earlier collision which left a pensioner fighting for his life. The road remains closed between Swanley Bar Lane and School Road, while police officers investigate
Traffic is still building up along the A1000 Great North road following an earlier collision with left a pensioner fighting for his life.
The road remains closed between Swanley Bar Lane and School Road, while police officers investigate the scene and recover the vehicles involved.
Shortly after 11am today (Tuesday) a red Citroen Picasso collided with a white Ford Transit van.
The driver of the Citroen, a man in his 70s, was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel with life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the van, a 24-year-old man, was taken to the QE2 with minor injuries.
A police spokeswoman said Great North Road was expected to reopen within the next half hour.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Head of planning to leave for county council role