A1000 near Hatfield due to reopen after crash
Traffic is still building up along the A1000 Great North road following an earlier collision which left a pensioner fighting for his life. The road remains closed between Swanley Bar Lane and School Road, while police officers investigate
Traffic is still building up along the A1000 Great North road following an earlier collision with left a pensioner fighting for his life.
The road remains closed between Swanley Bar Lane and School Road, while police officers investigate the scene and recover the vehicles involved.
Shortly after 11am today (Tuesday) a red Citroen Picasso collided with a white Ford Transit van.
The driver of the Citroen, a man in his 70s, was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel with life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the van, a 24-year-old man, was taken to the QE2 with minor injuries.
A police spokeswoman said Great North Road was expected to reopen within the next half hour.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping