A1000 near Hatfield due to reopen after crash
Traffic is still building up along the A1000 Great North road following an earlier collision which left a pensioner fighting for his life. The road remains closed between Swanley Bar Lane and School Road, while police officers investigate
Traffic is still building up along the A1000 Great North road following an earlier collision with left a pensioner fighting for his life.
The road remains closed between Swanley Bar Lane and School Road, while police officers investigate the scene and recover the vehicles involved.
Shortly after 11am today (Tuesday) a red Citroen Picasso collided with a white Ford Transit van.
The driver of the Citroen, a man in his 70s, was taken by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel with life-threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the van, a 24-year-old man, was taken to the QE2 with minor injuries.
A police spokeswoman said Great North Road was expected to reopen within the next half hour.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed