A1(M) re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
THE A1(M) is now open after a multi-vehicle accident which lead to a lorry driver being taken to the Lister Hospital with serious injuries. The incident which happened at 12.25pm closed the motorway in both directions between junction four, Hatfield, and
THE A1(M) is now open after a multi-vehicle accident which lead to a lorry driver being taken to the Lister Hospital with serious injuries.
The incident which happened at 12.25pm closed the motorway in both directions between junction four, Hatfield, and six, Welwyn.
The road was re-opened just after 5pm however according to a police spokeswoman.
The collision was between a lorry, a fire training vehicle and a green Mercedes estate, and happened by the slip roads off and on, near the Clock, Welwyn, at junction six.
You may also want to watch:
The Welsh lorry driver was taken to the Lister Hospital after he suffered serious leg and abdomen injuries.
The two firefighters, who were in a driver training appliance with an uninjured instructor, also had minor injuries after the collision and were taken to the Lister Hospital for treatment.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
A man and a woman inside the Mercedes were checked out by paramedics however they did not require to go to hospital.
Witnesses should call police on 0845 33 00 222.