A1(M) re-opened after multi-vehicle crash
THE A1(M) is now open after a multi-vehicle accident which lead to a lorry driver being taken to the Lister Hospital with serious injuries. The incident which happened at 12.25pm closed the motorway in both directions between junction four, Hatfield, and
THE A1(M) is now open after a multi-vehicle accident which lead to a lorry driver being taken to the Lister Hospital with serious injuries.
The incident which happened at 12.25pm closed the motorway in both directions between junction four, Hatfield, and six, Welwyn.
The road was re-opened just after 5pm however according to a police spokeswoman.
The collision was between a lorry, a fire training vehicle and a green Mercedes estate, and happened by the slip roads off and on, near the Clock, Welwyn, at junction six.
You may also want to watch:
The Welsh lorry driver was taken to the Lister Hospital after he suffered serious leg and abdomen injuries.
The two firefighters, who were in a driver training appliance with an uninjured instructor, also had minor injuries after the collision and were taken to the Lister Hospital for treatment.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 6 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 New car park proposed for park
A man and a woman inside the Mercedes were checked out by paramedics however they did not require to go to hospital.
Witnesses should call police on 0845 33 00 222.