A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel causes traffic chaos
THE northbound Hatfield Tunnel was closed today for the first time in the two-year refurbishment programme. All traffic travelling along the A1(M) is diverted through the southbound tunnel. The knock-on effects of the road closure at the A1629 following a
THE northbound Hatfield Tunnel was closed today (Monday) for the first time in the two-year refurbishment scheme.
All traffic travelling along the A1(M) is diverted through the southbound tunnel.
The knock-on effects of the road closure at the A6129 following an earlier accident and people avoiding the diversion is currently slowing vehicles throughout the town.
One driver rang the Welwyn & Hatfield Times to say: "It's ridiculous, Hatfield is at a standstill.
You may also want to watch:
"The traffic is a joke."
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 6 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation