A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel causes traffic chaos
THE northbound Hatfield Tunnel was closed today for the first time in the two-year refurbishment programme. All traffic travelling along the A1(M) is diverted through the southbound tunnel. The knock-on effects of the road closure at the A1629 following a
THE northbound Hatfield Tunnel was closed today (Monday) for the first time in the two-year refurbishment scheme.
All traffic travelling along the A1(M) is diverted through the southbound tunnel.
The knock-on effects of the road closure at the A6129 following an earlier accident and people avoiding the diversion is currently slowing vehicles throughout the town.
One driver rang the Welwyn & Hatfield Times to say: "It's ridiculous, Hatfield is at a standstill.
You may also want to watch:
"The traffic is a joke."
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school