A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel causes traffic chaos
THE northbound Hatfield Tunnel was closed today for the first time in the two-year refurbishment programme. All traffic travelling along the A1(M) is diverted through the southbound tunnel. The knock-on effects of the road closure at the A1629 following a
THE northbound Hatfield Tunnel was closed today (Monday) for the first time in the two-year refurbishment scheme.
All traffic travelling along the A1(M) is diverted through the southbound tunnel.
The knock-on effects of the road closure at the A6129 following an earlier accident and people avoiding the diversion is currently slowing vehicles throughout the town.
One driver rang the Welwyn & Hatfield Times to say: "It's ridiculous, Hatfield is at a standstill.
You may also want to watch:
"The traffic is a joke."
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 5 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision