A1(M) Hatfield Tunnel causes traffic chaos
THE northbound Hatfield Tunnel was closed today for the first time in the two-year refurbishment programme. All traffic travelling along the A1(M) is diverted through the southbound tunnel. The knock-on effects of the road closure at the A1629 following a
THE northbound Hatfield Tunnel was closed today (Monday) for the first time in the two-year refurbishment scheme.
All traffic travelling along the A1(M) is diverted through the southbound tunnel.
The knock-on effects of the road closure at the A6129 following an earlier accident and people avoiding the diversion is currently slowing vehicles throughout the town.
One driver rang the Welwyn & Hatfield Times to say: "It's ridiculous, Hatfield is at a standstill.
You may also want to watch:
"The traffic is a joke."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed