A stately summer of events at Knebworth House
AS Knebworth House, gardens and park opens its gates daily for the summer season, two new events will be on offer if you are looking for something different to entertain the family in the holidays. First there is a ticketed evening production of Rudyard K
AS Knebworth House, gardens and park opens its gates daily for the summer season, two new events will be on offer if you are looking for something different to entertain the family in the holidays.
First there is a ticketed evening production of Rudyard Kipling's The Mowgli Stories.
This Illyria theatre adaptation, taking place outside on the sunken lawn in the gardens on July 25, tells the ever-popular stories from The Jungle Book.
It is suitable for all ages from five onwards.
You may also want to watch:
On August 15 and 16 visitors will have the chance to travel through time from the Tudor to the Victorian era for Knebworth's Hands-On History Weekend.
This historic family fun day in the gardens and house will provide opportunities to enjoy various activities including making a Tudor ruff, hearing and playing musical instruments and learning a dance.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 10 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
Artisans will be on hand to demonstrate traditional country crafts.
Events to mark the house's origins are also planned including the chance to try on medieval armour and watch displays of longbow archery.
Other highlights include the Zimbabwean sculpture exhibition - Zimsculpt - on display in the gardens until July 26, the pre-50s American Auto Club Rally on July 19 and the Classic Motor Show on August 30 and 31.
For full details of what else is going on this summer and times, dates and prices, log on to www.knebworthhouse.com or call Charlotte Farrer on 01438 810931.