A right bellyful of fun in store at RSPCA fun day
GET yourself down to RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre next Sunday, July 5, to enjoy an annual action-packed fun day. The family fun day and dog show will take place at the South Mimms animal care home from 11am. Organised by the Friends of Southridge RSPC
GET yourself down to RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre next Sunday, July 5, to enjoy an annual action-packed fun day.
The family fun day and dog show will take place at the South Mimms animal care home from 11am.
Organised by the Friends of Southridge RSPCA, the event, which last year attracted thousands of people to the Packhorse Lane site, aims to raise funds for the medical costs of pets at the centre.
Highlights of the day will include a dog fashion show, fairground rides, live music, a birds of prey display, and a bouncy castle.
You may also want to watch:
Staff at the animal centre will also be hoping to entertain the crowd.
Animal care assistant Charlotte Rumbelow will be showcasing her belly dancing routine!
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Three taken to hospital following 'head-on' collision
- 3 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 4 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 Armed police, helicopter and dogs search village after injured man taken to hospital
- 7 Police disperse large group near the university
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
The 20-year-old said: "Belly dancing is something completely different.
"Its fun and the costumes are gorgeous. I can't wait!"
Kerri Brown, also an animal care assistant, is planning to shave her head completely.
The 23-year-old, from Rushfield, Potters Bar, said: "Hopefully I'll get enough sponsors with enough pledges to make it worthwhile.
"I would only do it for something I love, and I love working at Southridge."
A spokesman for the animal centre added: "The event programme is guaranteed to send everyone away from the centre with a smile!"
The show starts at 11am. Entry is �3 per car.
For more information call RSPCA Southridge Animal Centre on 0300 123 0704.