‘A loss of innocence which can never be regained’
PUBLISHED: 15:19 08 January 2008 | UPDATED: 21:06 26 October 2009
SIXTIES TV star Joe Cuby speaking after the court case, said it had been very traumatic for his family, and they have since moved from the Vineyards Road address. Praising his son Joshua s bravery he said: It was Saturday and he was in his bedroom on h
SIXTIES TV star Joe Cuby speaking after the court case, said it had been "very traumatic" for his family, and they have since moved from the Vineyards Road address.
Praising his son Joshua's bravery he said: "It was Saturday and he was in his bedroom on his PlayStation when he heard what was going on.
"He was very quick-thinking I am very proud of him."
He also praised detective Joanne Smith for the way she supported his family.
He said: "I have nothing but praise for the officer. She has been a source of great comfort to us."
Detective constable Smith: "This was a horrendous and completely unprovoked offence which has greatly affected the family.
"They were targeted by an extremely violent group of individuals and they still do not know why.
"What makes it even more chilling is that it was carefully planned and pre-meditated.
"In contrast to the actions of the defendants, the 14 year old son had tremendous courage and presence of mind when he made the 999 call to police upon hearing his mother screaming.
"He acted with incredible bravery in what must have been an extremely distressing and terrifying situation.
"In a statement, Brenda Cuby has described how the lasting impact on both her and the children is a 'loss of innocence which can never be regained'.
"I sincerely hope that this family can now move on from this traumatic incident.