A good Times had by all at Welwyn Garden City golf day!
A PAR-FECT day was had by all who took part in this year’s Welwyn Hatfield Times charity golf day.
Ten teams teed off at WGC Golf Club last Thursday.
The overall team prize went to Stevenage-based TecSell Recruitment, with Callum Jones, the individual winner, with a Stableford score of 47 points. Longest drive went to Paul Brennan, with Stuart Monk claiming the nearest the pin honour.
The WHT team was made up of Archant Herts and Cambs’ managing director Stuart McCreery, editorial director Paul Richardson and finance director John Wood and WHT editor Terry Mitchinson.
A total of �430 was raised for Ridgemond Training, which is Hertfordshire’s largest independent training provider.
You may also want to watch:
The organisation provides training opportunities for “hard to reach” young people, helping them gain the skills to find employment.
The proceeds will be used to buy specialist resources in relation to the initial assessment process and diagnostic tools necessary to assess the learner’s ability, especially in the areas of dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 6 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 7 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
Charity spokesman Martin Gittings, golf day organiser, said as well as the sun shining all day, the golf club’s hospitality and condition of the course were “fantastic”.