400 people refuse brown bins in Hertsmere
APPROXIMATELY 400 Hertsmere residents have refused to have a brown bin and are sticking with the black box.
The unwanted brown bins are now going to be redistributed elsewhere by Hertsmere Borough Council, which has already delivered 25,000 across the borough.
A spokeswoman for the council told the Potters Bar Edition: “If people don’t want the brown bin they can continue to use their black box for everything that can go in a brown bin i.e. glass, cartons, plastics and cans.
“And it’ll continue to get picked up at the same time.”
However, residents are being reminded to start using their brown bins as soon as they get them, putting items in loose.
You may also want to watch:
* Are you one of the 400 who refused a bin? Or are you unhappy with the new service?
Contact the newsdesk on 01707 384185.
- 1 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 2 Welwyn Garden City man shares 9.5 stone weight loss journey
- 3 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 6 Council leader survives no confidence vote
- 7 Headteacher calls out 'dangerous' and 'inconsiderate' parking from parents outside school
- 8 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 9 DIY SOS star Billy Byrne set to open returning Codicote Village Day this weekend
- 10 70-year-old dies following single-vehicle collision in Welwyn