400 people refuse brown bins in Hertsmere
APPROXIMATELY 400 Hertsmere residents have refused to have a brown bin and are sticking with the black box.
The unwanted brown bins are now going to be redistributed elsewhere by Hertsmere Borough Council, which has already delivered 25,000 across the borough.
A spokeswoman for the council told the Potters Bar Edition: “If people don’t want the brown bin they can continue to use their black box for everything that can go in a brown bin i.e. glass, cartons, plastics and cans.
“And it’ll continue to get picked up at the same time.”
However, residents are being reminded to start using their brown bins as soon as they get them, putting items in loose.
You may also want to watch:
* Are you one of the 400 who refused a bin? Or are you unhappy with the new service?
Contact the newsdesk on 01707 384185.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Thanks Dad! WHT readers send 2,500 Father's Day messages
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM