Stroll back through Hatfield’s history thanks to Hatfield Air Scouts
- Credit: Archant
Hatfield Air Scouts created a history walk to remember in the town.
Five Oaks footbridge, over Travellers Lane, is now host to a journey through the aviation history in Hatfield.
A total of 25 boys and girls from the 3rd Hatfield Air scouts researched, designed and drew the entire project.
Group scout leader Simone Bothwell told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: "As part of the project they earned their air researcher badge and community challenge badge.
"They put an incredible amount of effort into the project and the community love it!
You may also want to watch:
"We have had some fantastically positive feedback and even requests to duplicate it in a more central location.
"With our partners in Community Clean and the wonderful Osborne the designs came to life and are now proudly displayed for the whole community."
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 COVID-19: Cases fall by hundreds but still above national average
- 9 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules