�35,000 taken in Hatfield cashbox snatch
A CASHBOX stolen in a raid at an ATM in Hatfield town centre on Tuesday night.
Two security guards were dropping off �35,000 to the cashpoint at the Abbey National at around 11pm when they were approached by the thief.
He demanded the cash and walked away with the loot, which police have said will now be covered in a coloured dye to stop it being spent.
Detective constable Ben Freeney said: “Fortunately no violence was used and no threats were made.
“We’re trying to establish exactly what happened on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
“We have some leads but are appealing for any members of the public that may have seen anything suspicious or the man prior, during or after the robbery to get in touch with us.”
The wanted man is described as white, 5ft 11, of slim build with mousy hair, aged in his mid 20s and wearing a navy or dark hooded top.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 0845 33 00 222.