�35,000 taken in Hatfield cashbox snatch
A CASHBOX stolen in a raid at an ATM in Hatfield town centre on Tuesday night.
Two security guards were dropping off �35,000 to the cashpoint at the Abbey National at around 11pm when they were approached by the thief.
He demanded the cash and walked away with the loot, which police have said will now be covered in a coloured dye to stop it being spent.
Detective constable Ben Freeney said: “Fortunately no violence was used and no threats were made.
“We’re trying to establish exactly what happened on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
“We have some leads but are appealing for any members of the public that may have seen anything suspicious or the man prior, during or after the robbery to get in touch with us.”
The wanted man is described as white, 5ft 11, of slim build with mousy hair, aged in his mid 20s and wearing a navy or dark hooded top.
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 0845 33 00 222.