�35,000 taken in Hatfield cashbox snatch
A CASHBOX stolen in a raid at an ATM in Hatfield town centre on Tuesday night.
Two security guards were dropping off �35,000 to the cashpoint at the Abbey National at around 11pm when they were approached by the thief.
He demanded the cash and walked away with the loot, which police have said will now be covered in a coloured dye to stop it being spent.
Detective constable Ben Freeney said: “Fortunately no violence was used and no threats were made.
“We’re trying to establish exactly what happened on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
“We have some leads but are appealing for any members of the public that may have seen anything suspicious or the man prior, during or after the robbery to get in touch with us.”
The wanted man is described as white, 5ft 11, of slim build with mousy hair, aged in his mid 20s and wearing a navy or dark hooded top.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
Anyone with any information is asked to call police on 0845 33 00 222.