250 TV licence dodgers caught in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
MORE than 250 people in WGC and Hatfield have been caught watching TV without a licence in the first six months of 2009. Figures released by TV Licensing show 214,000 people across the UK had dodged paying the �142.50 bill. These include 143 in Hatfield
MORE than 250 people in WGC and Hatfield have been caught watching TV without a licence in the first six months of 2009.
Figures released by TV Licensing show 214,000 people across the UK had dodged paying the �142.50 bill.
These include 143 in Hatfield and 108 in WGC.
TV Licensing spokeswoman Joanna Pearce said: "These figures show our continued effectiveness in catching people who watch TV illegally and therefore penalise the honest majority who do pay.
You may also want to watch:
"While evaders come from all income groups, we understand that in the current economic climate some people may find it difficult to pay their licence fee in one go."
She added there were numerous ways to spread the cost, such as monthly direct debit or a weekly cash payment plan.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Find out more at www.tvlicensing.co.uk/info