2011 Census forms arriving from today
DISTINCTIVE purple and white envelopes will start dropping through letterboxes from today (Tuesday), as the 2011 Census questionnaire is delivered to households across the country.
In one of the biggest single mail outs Royal Mail has handled, the forms will be delivered to 26 million homes in England and Wales over the next two weeks, ahead of Census day on Sunday, March 27.
2011 Census Director Glen Watson said: “People should look out for the purple and white envelope landing on their doormat in the next two weeks. Now that the forms are being mailed out we’re in great shape for the 2011 Census. Once people get their form they can, if they prefer, fill it in online.
“This will be quicker and it’s better for us because we won’t need to scan the forms and decipher all that handwriting.
“Of course if people want, they can still do it by hand. Completing the census form promptly and sending it back to us means no one will have to knock on your door to remind you.
You may also want to watch:
“Census statistics enable the authorities in England and Wales to plan properly for the future for school places, housing, roads, emergency services and a host of other local services.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best