2,000 balloons to be burst at annual Abbey Easter pilgrimage
TWO thousand balloons will be burst during this year s Easter Monday Pilgrimage at St Albans Abbey to symbolise the resurrection. The annual event is usually attended by more than 1,000 people, including pilgrims from Times Territory.People can gather fr
TWO thousand balloons will be burst during this year's Easter Monday Pilgrimage at St Albans Abbey to symbolise the resurrection.
The annual event is usually attended by more than 1,000 people, including pilgrims from Times Territory.
People can gather from 1pm at the Abbey Orchard and the procession into the Abbey will start at 2.30pm before the service begins at 3pm.
Last year snow fell on the day of the pilgrimage, leaving people congregating inside the Abbey instead of enjoying picnics and activities in the park.
You may also want to watch:
Sub-Dean Canon Stephen Lake, who is hoping for better weather this year, said: "It's a very energetic way to celebrate Easter."
He added: "The theme this year is 'Bursting with Life' so there are going to be 2,000 balloons burst at the end of the service to symbolise Jesus' break from the tomb.
- 1 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 9 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses