2,000 balloons to be burst at annual Abbey Easter pilgrimage
TWO thousand balloons will be burst during this year s Easter Monday Pilgrimage at St Albans Abbey to symbolise the resurrection. The annual event is usually attended by more than 1,000 people, including pilgrims from Times Territory.People can gather fr
TWO thousand balloons will be burst during this year's Easter Monday Pilgrimage at St Albans Abbey to symbolise the resurrection.
The annual event is usually attended by more than 1,000 people, including pilgrims from Times Territory.
People can gather from 1pm at the Abbey Orchard and the procession into the Abbey will start at 2.30pm before the service begins at 3pm.
Last year snow fell on the day of the pilgrimage, leaving people congregating inside the Abbey instead of enjoying picnics and activities in the park.
You may also want to watch:
Sub-Dean Canon Stephen Lake, who is hoping for better weather this year, said: "It's a very energetic way to celebrate Easter."
He added: "The theme this year is 'Bursting with Life' so there are going to be 2,000 balloons burst at the end of the service to symbolise Jesus' break from the tomb.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night