�18,000 cannabis stash found in car boot
CANNABIS with a street value of �18,000 was recovered from the boot in Hatfield yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).
The stash was discovered in a BMW car during a routine stop check.
The driver was stopped by officers because of “his erratic driving” in Bishops Rise at 3.50pm.
A 31-year-old man from London was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs, having no driving licence, having no insurance and fraud (for having a fraudulent driving licence).
A 42-year-old woman from St Albans was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply drugs.
You may also want to watch:
They have both been given police bail pending further enquiries until May 5, 2011.
Two bags, believed to contain cannabis, were seized.
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas