�175,000 Lotto prize claimed
A LUCKY winner has scooped more than �175,000 on the National Lottery.
As the Welwyn Hatfield Times previously reported, lottery operator Camelot was hunting for a big winner who had bought their ticket in either WGC or Stevenage.
The ticket for the November 13 draw had matched five numbers and the bonus ball with a prize of �175,261.
But there are no other clues as to his or her identity.
A National Lottery spokesman said: “Unless the winner of a major National Lottery prize opts to take full publicity and signs an agreement to that effect, no further information can be released about their win.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We’re delighted the winner of this amazing prize has now come forward and we hope that they will enjoy their win.
“It would have been awful if the ticket-holder had missed out on this substantial and life-enhancing amount of money. “We would like to remind all National Lottery players to check their tickets every time they play.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM