Watch out for hot weather, rail users warned
PUBLISHED: 16:42 04 July 2013 | UPDATED: 16:42 04 July 2013
TRAIN travellers in Welwyn Hatfield are being advised to take precautions this weekend as the temperature is set to rise.
FCC’s tips for travelling in hot weather are:
· Carry a bottle of water with you
· Don’t board the train if you feel unwell
· If you do feel unwell when you are on the train, get off at the next stop where staff can help you more easily
· Avoid pulling the passenger alarm unless it is an emergency as it may be quicker to get help at the next station
· On services without air conditioning, make sure the ventilation windows are open
· If possible stay out of direct sunlight
Rail operator First Capital Connect (FCC) is urging passengers to follow some straightforward advice.
Customer service director, Keith Jipps, said: “The return of summer weather is great news and we expect our services to be busy this weekend, especially on those to the coast.
“However, we urge our passengers to carry a bottle of water and follow our straightforward advice.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.