Young are keen on swimming
SIR – It is good that your 20 year-old correspondent is providing ideas for what youth of the Borough might want (letters, October 8). However, in providing ideas he needs to know the facts. Firstly, contrary to his statement that the pool at the
SIR - It is good that your "20 year-old" correspondent is providing ideas for what youth of the Borough might want (letters, October 8).
However, in providing ideas he needs to know the facts. Firstly, contrary to his statement that the pool at the Hatfield Town Centre "does nothing to keep youth occupied", there are, for example, over 200 youth members of Hatfield Swimming Club and 40 at Beaumont Diving Academy.
Indeed, page 58 of the same edition of the WHT had an article on how Hatfield swimmers were to participate in the Commonwealth Youth games - with many more articles over the year celebrating their successes.
Furthermore, the borough's youth were asked last year what they would like and "semi-sporty" girls ranked swimming as third out of 20 of the activities that they'd like provided.
You may also want to watch:
So, it's great we are having discussion and ideas but it really helps if statements are checked for validity first.
David Bartlett, Chairman, Welwyn Hatfield Sports and Physical Activity Alliance.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets