Would you credit it!?
Sir – I can t stop laughing! What with Gordon Brown, the architect of our very own recession, embarking on a crusade to reform the economies of the world, and now Michael Spencer, who amongst other things is treasurer of the Tory party, advising all those
Sir - I can't stop laughing! What with Gordon Brown, the architect of our very own recession, embarking on a crusade to reform the economies of the world, and now Michael Spencer, who amongst other things is treasurer of the Tory party, advising all those councils, and our own Herts County Council into the bargain, to invest in Icelandic banks!
These carryings on could not be more farcical, if it was not really so tragic... And yet so many people I know saw it all coming months ago.
One really wonders how the powers that be didn't get an inkling. Perhaps they don't live on the same planet as we do? Or perhaps their rose-tinted spectacles need a good polish? Shouldn't they all listen to Vince Cable from now on?
You may also want to watch:
Alex Benakis, Northfield, Hatfield.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street