Worth thinking about
Sir – It appears, again that Hatfield residents, being the poor relations of the borough, have once again been shafted by the governing body of the council. There are now, and have been, numerous on-going developments taking place in WGC, and yet, despite
Sir - It appears, again that Hatfield residents, being the poor relations of the borough, have once again been shafted by the governing body of the council.
There are now, and have been, numerous on-going developments taking place in WGC, and yet, despite all the publicity, electorial hype, and model showing of the town centre proposals, we are now told this long-awaited project is being put on hold!
The fact that the council only let this decision be known to the general public on polling day and not some five days earlier when this decision was reached warrants thinking about.
Had Hatfield residents been made aware of this decision by the then present establishment, it could perhaps have given some Hatfield residents cause to think again, and change their minds on who to vote for.
You may also want to watch:
For this reason, my heart goes out to the long serving councillors, who have now lost their seats. Do we expect to have something similar happening when the planned-for Hilltop development becomes due? I await this long awaited time with some trepidation.
Name and address supplied.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 6 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?