World War Two feature: thanks to Welwyn & Hatfield Times readers
Dear WHT readers, It was great to hear from so many of you regarding our recent request for outbreak of World War Two accounts. During the process I spoke to countless numbers of fascinating people, with fantastic memories of the time, with quite
Dear WHT readers,
It was great to hear from so many of you regarding our recent request for outbreak of World War Two accounts.
During the process I spoke to countless numbers of fascinating people, with fantastic memories of the time, with quite remarkable stories to tell.
It was indeed a pleasure meeting some of you and hearing about that era, which was so important to so many people.
You may also want to watch:
Not only this, but it was also inspiring to read the tales that people sent in via letter.
Often the anecdotes were so vivid and vast it was difficult to sum these up into a story simply about the declaration.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 What time will the election results come in?
- 5 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 10 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
However I hope that the final piece somehow does the period, and people's memories, justice.
Anyway thanks for everyone who participated, even if your account didn't make the paper, due to space, it was very much appreciated.
We're in the process of uploading all the letters on to our website, so go to www.whtimes24.co.uk and take a look at what people had to say in full.
Reporter Simon Wesson and the WHT team.