World War Two feature: thanks to Welwyn & Hatfield Times readers
Dear WHT readers, It was great to hear from so many of you regarding our recent request for outbreak of World War Two accounts. During the process I spoke to countless numbers of fascinating people, with fantastic memories of the time, with quite
Dear WHT readers,
It was great to hear from so many of you regarding our recent request for outbreak of World War Two accounts.
During the process I spoke to countless numbers of fascinating people, with fantastic memories of the time, with quite remarkable stories to tell.
It was indeed a pleasure meeting some of you and hearing about that era, which was so important to so many people.
Not only this, but it was also inspiring to read the tales that people sent in via letter.
Often the anecdotes were so vivid and vast it was difficult to sum these up into a story simply about the declaration.
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 8 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 9 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
However I hope that the final piece somehow does the period, and people's memories, justice.
Anyway thanks for everyone who participated, even if your account didn't make the paper, due to space, it was very much appreciated.
We're in the process of uploading all the letters on to our website, so go to www.whtimes24.co.uk and take a look at what people had to say in full.
Reporter Simon Wesson and the WHT team.