Win tickets to The Solid Silver 60s Show
THE Solid Silver 60s Show featuring Peter Noone, Chris Montez, Brian Hyland and Brian Poole is coming to St Albans and you could win tickets to the concert in the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ latest Alban Arena competition.
THEY say if you can remember the 60s you weren’t there.
Fill that gap in your memory by seeing The Solid Silver 60s Show with original artists singing their greatest hits.
Now in its 27th year, the show features Peter Noone, Chris Montez, Brian Hyland and Brian Poole, all backed by Vanity Fare.
The tour opened in Watford earlier this month and returns to the county on Saturday, March 24, with two performances at the Alban Arena in St Albans.
There’s a 3.30pm show and another at 7.30pm, with tickets costing �24 and �23 for the matinee and �25 and �24 for the evening.
But the Welwyn Hatfield Times has teamed up with promoters Flying Entertainment to offer three pairs of tickets to the live rock ‘n’ roll concert’s afternoon performance at the Alban Arena.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 5 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 6 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 10 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
Showcasing the enduring appeal of 60s music, Solid Silver’s golden oldies will play hits such as Let’s Dance, Do You Love Me, Twist and Shout and I’m Into Something Good.
Of the 60s stars on the tour poster, Brian Poole formed The Tremeloes in the late 50s and they were signed to the Decca record label in preference to The Beatles.
The Tremeloes subsequently enjoyed a 1963 UK chart-topper with Do You Love Me.
To stand a chance of winning a pair of tickets to the 3.30pm show at the Alban Arena, simple answer the following question.
Brian Poole and the Tremeloes had a number one hit in the UK with which of these songs?
a) Twist and Shout
b) Candy Man
c) Do You Love Me
To enter, send your answer and your name, age, address and contact details (phone number and email) to Solid Silver competition, Welwyn Hatfield Times, c/o Bank House, Primett Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 3EE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is noon on Tuesday, March 20.
Normal Archant rules apply.