Win tickets to The Solid Silver 60s Show
THE Solid Silver 60s Show featuring Peter Noone, Chris Montez, Brian Hyland and Brian Poole is coming to St Albans and you could win tickets to the concert in the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ latest Alban Arena competition.
THEY say if you can remember the 60s you weren’t there.
Fill that gap in your memory by seeing The Solid Silver 60s Show with original artists singing their greatest hits.
Now in its 27th year, the show features Peter Noone, Chris Montez, Brian Hyland and Brian Poole, all backed by Vanity Fare.
The tour opened in Watford earlier this month and returns to the county on Saturday, March 24, with two performances at the Alban Arena in St Albans.
You may also want to watch:
There’s a 3.30pm show and another at 7.30pm, with tickets costing �24 and �23 for the matinee and �25 and �24 for the evening.
But the Welwyn Hatfield Times has teamed up with promoters Flying Entertainment to offer three pairs of tickets to the live rock ‘n’ roll concert’s afternoon performance at the Alban Arena.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
Showcasing the enduring appeal of 60s music, Solid Silver’s golden oldies will play hits such as Let’s Dance, Do You Love Me, Twist and Shout and I’m Into Something Good.
Of the 60s stars on the tour poster, Brian Poole formed The Tremeloes in the late 50s and they were signed to the Decca record label in preference to The Beatles.
The Tremeloes subsequently enjoyed a 1963 UK chart-topper with Do You Love Me.
To stand a chance of winning a pair of tickets to the 3.30pm show at the Alban Arena, simple answer the following question.
Brian Poole and the Tremeloes had a number one hit in the UK with which of these songs?
a) Twist and Shout
b) Candy Man
c) Do You Love Me
To enter, send your answer and your name, age, address and contact details (phone number and email) to Solid Silver competition, Welwyn Hatfield Times, c/o Bank House, Primett Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 3EE or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is noon on Tuesday, March 20.
Normal Archant rules apply.