Win tickets for The Waterboys’ concert in St Albans
THE Waterboys will be rocking the Alban Arena in St Albans next month and you could be there if you win tickets to the concert in the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ lastest competition.
The Welwyn Hatfield Times has teamed up with the promoters to offer three pairs of tickets to the concert on Wednesday, May 16.
Formed by Mike Scott in 1983, The Waterboys reached number three in the UK charts with classic single The Whole Of The Moon.
After recruiting Irish fiddle maestro Steve Wickham, the alternative rockers created their million-selling album Fisherman’s Blues, on which Scott’s original songwriting was merged with country, trad, blues and gospel.
Their most recent album, An Appointment With Mr Yeats, is a collection of lyrics by Ireland’s greatest poet turned into incendiary rock songs.
You may also want to watch:
“For Waterboys fans who wonder what on earth this is all about, I’d say listen to the music and forget any expectations you might have,” said Scott.
“It’s a rock ’n’ roll record.”
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 4 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 5 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
The St Albans set next month will be split into two halves, with no support act.
The band will play a mix of vintage Waterboys songs and choice tracks from An Appointment With Mr Yeats.
Tickets for the show cost �32 seated and �28.50 standing, but we have three pairs to give away.
To stand a chance of winning a pair, simply answer the following question:
The Waterboys’ biggest hit was called The Whole of the...?
To enter, text WHT BOYS followed by your answer (A, B or C), name, address and postcode to 80058, e.g. WHT BOYS A John Smith, 31a Howardsgate, WGC, Herts AL8 6AP.
Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
* Terms and conditions: The competition closes at noon on Friday, May 4, 2012. There are three prizes of a pair of tickets. The winners will be the first correct entries selected at random after the closing date. Usual Archant promotion rules apply – visit www.whtimes.24.co.uk
Customer services, 0207 633 5020.