Win tickets for The Waterboys’ concert in St Albans
THE Waterboys will be rocking the Alban Arena in St Albans next month and you could be there if you win tickets to the concert in the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ lastest competition.
The Welwyn Hatfield Times has teamed up with the promoters to offer three pairs of tickets to the concert on Wednesday, May 16.
Formed by Mike Scott in 1983, The Waterboys reached number three in the UK charts with classic single The Whole Of The Moon.
After recruiting Irish fiddle maestro Steve Wickham, the alternative rockers created their million-selling album Fisherman’s Blues, on which Scott’s original songwriting was merged with country, trad, blues and gospel.
Their most recent album, An Appointment With Mr Yeats, is a collection of lyrics by Ireland’s greatest poet turned into incendiary rock songs.
“For Waterboys fans who wonder what on earth this is all about, I’d say listen to the music and forget any expectations you might have,” said Scott.
“It’s a rock ’n’ roll record.”
- 1 Remembering WGC stalwart Robert Robinson
- 2 Nottingham man wanted in connection with Welwyn Garden City offences
- 3 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 4 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 5 Man 'broke in and tried to steal car' in Potters Bar
- 6 Rent this Welwyn townhouse with River Mimram views for £2,400pcm
- 7 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 8 Grade II Hatfield hotel refurbishment continues
- 9 Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo’s Wicked movies to be filmed at new Sky Studios Elstree in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jobs created as new entertainment centre opens in Hatfield
The St Albans set next month will be split into two halves, with no support act.
The band will play a mix of vintage Waterboys songs and choice tracks from An Appointment With Mr Yeats.
Tickets for the show cost �32 seated and �28.50 standing, but we have three pairs to give away.
To stand a chance of winning a pair, simply answer the following question:
The Waterboys’ biggest hit was called The Whole of the...?
To enter, text WHT BOYS followed by your answer (A, B or C), name, address and postcode to 80058, e.g. WHT BOYS A John Smith, 31a Howardsgate, WGC, Herts AL8 6AP.
Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
* Terms and conditions: The competition closes at noon on Friday, May 4, 2012. There are three prizes of a pair of tickets. The winners will be the first correct entries selected at random after the closing date. Usual Archant promotion rules apply – visit www.whtimes.24.co.uk
Customer services, 0207 633 5020.