Win pair of weekend tickets to Sonisphere Festival
THE 2010 Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth is just days away and you could be there if you win our latest music competition.
Iron Maiden, Rammstein, Placebo, Pendulum, Alice Cooper, M�tley Cr�e, Anthrax, Iggy And The Stooges, The Cult, Slayer, Alice In Chains, Papa Roach… the names read like a who’s who of hard rock and heavy metal.
And they will all be on stage at Knebworth next weekend.
Have you got your Sonisphere Festival tickets yet?
If not, don’t worry, the Welwyn Hatfield Times could have the perfect answer.
You may also want to watch:
For we have teamed up with the festival’s organisers to offer TWO pairs of weekend camping passes – worth more than �300 a pair – for what promises to be the county’s biggest and noisiest weekend of music mayhem.
Now over three days and six stages, the festival from July 30 to August 1 is jam-packed with monsters of rock.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Friday is fancy dress night with a Rocky Horror Show theme.
Expect Swedish rockers Europe to get the party started with The Final Countdown, Gary Numan to crank up the electro classic Cars and Alice Cooper to spit out Poison during his gruesome Theatre Of Death show.
On Saturday, Fear Factory, Skunk Anansie and M�tley Cr�e will be on the second Saturn stage, alternating with Anthrax, Placebo and German headliners Rammstein – with their explosive pyrotechnics– on Apollo.
The two main stages are placed opposite each other and times don’t overlap, so just turn round and you won’t miss any acts.
Sunday sees Slayer, Alice In Chains, The Stooges and Pendulum up the ante before the mighty Iron Maiden close proceedings on the main stage.
Day tickets, with no booking fee, are now on sale, so you can chose which day you want to go.
But to be in with a chance of winning a pair of weekend tickets to Sonisphere, simply answer the following question:
Which legendary British heavy metal band will close the main stage on Sunday?
a) Iron Maiden
Send your answer to Sonisphere Festival Competition, WHT, 31a Howardsgate, WGC, Herts, AL8 6AP or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember to include your name, age, address, telephone number and email address. But hurry, the closing date is Monday, July 26 at noon.
Travel to and from Knebworth is not included in the prize.
Normal Archant rules apply.
THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED.
* Archant Ltd may wish to contact you about special offers and services by email from time to time.
If you WOULD like to be contacted by email please include your email address on your postal entry or mark your email entry with ‘Agreed to contact’.
* For ticket details, info on camping and the full festival line-up, go to the Sonisphere Festivals website, see link above.