Win Latitude Festival 2013 tickets
- Credit: Archant
NOW in its eighth year, the ever-popular multi-arts festival Latitude returns to Henham Park in Southwold, Suffolk, from July 18-21. The Welwyn Hatfield Times has teamed up with organisers to offer one lucky reader and a friend weekend tickets for the 2013 event.
Indie band Bloc Party will headline on the Friday night, followed by German electronic pioneers Kraftwerk, performing their highly celebrated 3-D concert on Saturday.
Taking centre stage on the Sunday will be Foals, one of the UK’s most dynamic and accomplished bands of recent times.
The varied Latitude 2013 music line-up also features appearances from Mercury Prize winners Alt-J, soul songstress Laura Mvula, and folk-rockers Grizzly Bear.
The bill also includes live performances from Maccabbes, Hot Chip, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Cat Power, Texas, Bobby Womack, Jessie Ware, Tim Burgess from The Charlatans, Disclosure and Rudimental.
You may also want to watch:
Justly proud of its ‘Best Family Festival’ title, Latitude also offers a selection of arts programming, with 11 dedicated arts spaces offering comedy, film, dance, theatre, literature, poetry and cabaret.
Recent announcements have added an impressive roster of talent onto the arts schedule for the weekend.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 10 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
The award winning hip-hop company Boy Blue Entertainment joins the list of dance acts, while local theatre companies The Cut and M2M will perform Where’s Elvis at the Outdoor Theatre.
You can also catch comedian Eddie Izzard and offbeat Irish stand-up Dylan Moran in the Comedy Arena, and even Dermot O’Leary playing his pick of Indie Disco tunes in the Woods.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to Latitude, simply answer the following question:
When was the first Latitude Festival held?
A) May 2011
B) August 2000
C) July 2006
To enter, text WHT LATITUDE followed by your answer (A, B or C), name and postcode to 80058 – for example: WHT LATITUDE A John Smith, AL8 6AP.
Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate.
The competition closes at 23.59 on July 5.
There is one prize of two weekend tickets to Latitude Festival 2013 to give away.
The winner will be the first correct entry selected at random after the closing date.
Transport is not included and there is no cash alternative.
The winner will be notified by phone on 8 July, 2013. By taking part in the promotion you agree that your mobile telephone number will be shared with Latitude, our competition partner.
Usual Archant promotion rules apply – visit www.whtimes.24.co.uk – or text customer services on 0844 3572403.
* For a list of national and regional ticketing outlets, visit www.latitudefestival.co.uk – click on the website link above right.