Win a Harris Tweed jacket worth �250
WIN a Harris Tweed jacket worth �250 in our latest web competition.
WHY not break with tradition and give the man in your life a unique present this Christmas?
A classic Harris Tweed sports jacket should fit the bill.
The iconic fabric is still woven by hand on the Western Isles of Scotland and is the only brand in the world protected by an Act of Parliament.
Supply is limited as there are now less than 94 handloom weavers left on the islands.
You may also want to watch:
Each and every jacket is woven by hand from 100 per cent pure new wool and can contain up to 20 different colours of dyed wool to give the unique Harris Tweed appearance.
Many celebrities over the years have worn the Harris Tweed fabric and this has included the British Royal Family and also well-known actors such as Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry, the super sleuth Sherlock Holmes and even the famous mountaineer George Mallory, who died on Everest in 1924.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
His body was identified in 1999 by the famous ORB trademark in his Harris Tweed jacket.
Harris Tweed Scotland is offering our readers the chance to win one of 16 jackets, worth �250 each, we have to give away.
You will be able to choose your Harris Tweed sports jacket in one of the four colours: Barva (brown barley corn tweed), Dalmore (blue barley corn tweed), Taransay (green window pane) and Laxdale (black and white herringbone).
If you would like to be in with a chance of winning one of our beautiful Harris Tweed jackets, then all you have to do is answer this simple question:
Which famous detective wore Harris Tweed?
a) Inspector Clouseau
b) Magnum PI
c) Sherlock Holmes
To enter, send your answer on a postcard to: Harris Tweed competition, Web Editor, Archant Herts & Cambs, Bank House, Primett Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 3EE.
Remember to include your name, address and a daytime contact number.
The competition closes on November 30, so get your entries in quick.
Winners will be chosen at random from all the correct entries received before the closing date. There is no cash alternative.
The editor’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Normal Archant rules apply.