Win a Harris Tweed jacket worth �250
WIN a Harris Tweed jacket worth �250 in our latest web competition.
WHY not break with tradition and give the man in your life a unique present this Christmas?
A classic Harris Tweed sports jacket should fit the bill.
The iconic fabric is still woven by hand on the Western Isles of Scotland and is the only brand in the world protected by an Act of Parliament.
Supply is limited as there are now less than 94 handloom weavers left on the islands.
You may also want to watch:
Each and every jacket is woven by hand from 100 per cent pure new wool and can contain up to 20 different colours of dyed wool to give the unique Harris Tweed appearance.
Many celebrities over the years have worn the Harris Tweed fabric and this has included the British Royal Family and also well-known actors such as Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry, the super sleuth Sherlock Holmes and even the famous mountaineer George Mallory, who died on Everest in 1924.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 4 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 8 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 9 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
His body was identified in 1999 by the famous ORB trademark in his Harris Tweed jacket.
Harris Tweed Scotland is offering our readers the chance to win one of 16 jackets, worth �250 each, we have to give away.
You will be able to choose your Harris Tweed sports jacket in one of the four colours: Barva (brown barley corn tweed), Dalmore (blue barley corn tweed), Taransay (green window pane) and Laxdale (black and white herringbone).
If you would like to be in with a chance of winning one of our beautiful Harris Tweed jackets, then all you have to do is answer this simple question:
Which famous detective wore Harris Tweed?
a) Inspector Clouseau
b) Magnum PI
c) Sherlock Holmes
To enter, send your answer on a postcard to: Harris Tweed competition, Web Editor, Archant Herts & Cambs, Bank House, Primett Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 3EE.
Remember to include your name, address and a daytime contact number.
The competition closes on November 30, so get your entries in quick.
Winners will be chosen at random from all the correct entries received before the closing date. There is no cash alternative.
The editor’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Normal Archant rules apply.