Win a �1,000 prize and enjoy your wedding as much as Welwyn Garden City’s Lisa
KNOWING she wanted to lose weight before her wedding day, Lisa Reed plucked up the courage to ask for help.
And from the moment she joined a Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Club in WGC, she never looked back.
When the day to walk down the aisle came, Lisa was three stones lighter – helping to make it a “perfect” occasion.
Lisa, of WGC, is helping to publicise the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ competition to win a wedding day package, worth up to �1,000 (click on the link, top right).
The 30-year-old married Peter in May last year, but it was months before, in the previous autumn, when she vowed to slim down from 12st 10lb and wear her dream dress.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “When Peter and I set a date for our wedding, I knew I wanted to lose weight to enable me to get into the dress of my dreams.
“I struggled to lose weight on my own and have tried many different diet plans in the past, with no success.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
“I was very low in self-esteem at this point and it took a lot of courage to take the plunge to finally call Lindsey Peters [WGC franchisee] and ask her for her help, but once I was at my first class, everyone was really welcoming and the amount of support was overwhelming.
“Lindsey believed in me and it wasn’t long before I started to believe in myself as well.
“I lost 3st and over 50 inches. My dress size was starting to reach size 16 before I started Rosemary Conley and I achieved a size 10 after my weight loss.”
She added: “Peter and I got married on May 15, 2010 in Essex, and everything was just perfect – a magical day.”