Win a �1,000 prize and enjoy your wedding as much as Welwyn Garden City’s Lisa
KNOWING she wanted to lose weight before her wedding day, Lisa Reed plucked up the courage to ask for help.
And from the moment she joined a Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Club in WGC, she never looked back.
When the day to walk down the aisle came, Lisa was three stones lighter – helping to make it a “perfect” occasion.
Lisa, of WGC, is helping to publicise the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ competition to win a wedding day package, worth up to �1,000 (click on the link, top right).
The 30-year-old married Peter in May last year, but it was months before, in the previous autumn, when she vowed to slim down from 12st 10lb and wear her dream dress.
She said: “When Peter and I set a date for our wedding, I knew I wanted to lose weight to enable me to get into the dress of my dreams.
“I struggled to lose weight on my own and have tried many different diet plans in the past, with no success.
- 1 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Co-op shop broken into
- 4 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 5 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 6 'Where are the housing reductions for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield?'
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 Family first for O'Leary as accumulation of challenges leads to Potters Bar Town resignation
- 9 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 10 Lee O'Leary resigns as manager of Isthmian League Potters Bar Town
“I was very low in self-esteem at this point and it took a lot of courage to take the plunge to finally call Lindsey Peters [WGC franchisee] and ask her for her help, but once I was at my first class, everyone was really welcoming and the amount of support was overwhelming.
“Lindsey believed in me and it wasn’t long before I started to believe in myself as well.
“I lost 3st and over 50 inches. My dress size was starting to reach size 16 before I started Rosemary Conley and I achieved a size 10 after my weight loss.”
She added: “Peter and I got married on May 15, 2010 in Essex, and everything was just perfect – a magical day.”