Win a �1,000 prize and enjoy your wedding as much as Welwyn Garden City’s Lisa
KNOWING she wanted to lose weight before her wedding day, Lisa Reed plucked up the courage to ask for help.
And from the moment she joined a Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Club in WGC, she never looked back.
When the day to walk down the aisle came, Lisa was three stones lighter – helping to make it a “perfect” occasion.
Lisa, of WGC, is helping to publicise the Welwyn Hatfield Times’ competition to win a wedding day package, worth up to �1,000 (click on the link, top right).
The 30-year-old married Peter in May last year, but it was months before, in the previous autumn, when she vowed to slim down from 12st 10lb and wear her dream dress.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “When Peter and I set a date for our wedding, I knew I wanted to lose weight to enable me to get into the dress of my dreams.
“I struggled to lose weight on my own and have tried many different diet plans in the past, with no success.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Apply for planning permission or move skips and machinery, company told
- 10 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
“I was very low in self-esteem at this point and it took a lot of courage to take the plunge to finally call Lindsey Peters [WGC franchisee] and ask her for her help, but once I was at my first class, everyone was really welcoming and the amount of support was overwhelming.
“Lindsey believed in me and it wasn’t long before I started to believe in myself as well.
“I lost 3st and over 50 inches. My dress size was starting to reach size 16 before I started Rosemary Conley and I achieved a size 10 after my weight loss.”
She added: “Peter and I got married on May 15, 2010 in Essex, and everything was just perfect – a magical day.”