Why the Hatfield secrecy?
Sir – May I try and get some sense and logic out of what the Tories are doing to Hatfield? Firstly we have a blackout of what the developers are doing by way of the redevelopment, they put it on hold, but there is an election in full swing, and the polls
Sir - May I try and get some sense and logic out of what the Tories are doing to Hatfield?
Firstly we have a blackout of what the developers are doing by way of the redevelopment, they put it on hold, but there is an election in full swing, and the polls are open.
What a coincidence we see on the WHT website on polling day the town is on hold (thank you WHT).
There was no announcement to the representatives of the people in Hatfield, which you can guess why, they would have no doubt have lost some seats.
You may also want to watch:
My colleagues and I have reassured literally hundreds of residents over the years by saying "yes the town will be redeveloped." Some would say, "I will be dead by the time that comes". How right some of the comments were.
The leader of the council has been pushed into making some move towards an explanation and assurances, but to whom we ask? To the existing traders. Nothing for the residents who wait with bated breath.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 3 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Now, we find that the Tories are holding a meeting for traders, leaving out some, and certainly not inviting the representative of the people, their councillors! I do wonder why - does anyone else know?
It only leaves us to imagine why, is it secrecy? Don't let residents know what's going on, only the traders.
But wait, the traders will need residents to come into the town to shop, so where is the logic? The traders also have rights to either stay or leave. We want them to stay and not leave, making a ghost town.
I call upon the leader of the council, to please be more open, stop having meetings without representation and let everyone know what is happening, and not leave it up to the residents to imagine when they will get what was promised, a new town. They are not fools and deserve a great deal more respect than what they are receiving right now.
Cllr Colin Croft, Hatfield Central.