Why should Hatfield school suffer?
SIR – With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site. As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and n
SIR - With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site.
As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and non elected local politicians. Why the bickering? Just get on with the job!
Placing a large noisy plant next to any school is, in my mind, stupid in the extreme but next to a special needs school insane. The pupils at Southfield benefit from the quiet position, landscaping keeps the noise of the lorries that use the industrial estate nearby under control.
Moving the school as I have heard suggested would be wrong. This school was purpose-built to take into account the needs of the pupils and the staff in its day to day running. This school MUST be left in peace to do its job of educating those children, who through no fault of their own, need special education.
Just as an afterthought, has anyone thought about the bereaved at the Southway Cemetery trying to bury a loved one with noise and fumes coming from this plant, not a nice way to end a very traumatic day.
So come on county council, see sense and relocate this plant in a better location.
- 1 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 2 First business moves into Hatfield's new £45m High View development
- 3 Man injured while working in Hatfield Business Park
- 4 Potters Bar school in top 10 of The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 7 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 8 "The older generation still knows how to have a good time"
- 9 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 10 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
Steve Lounds, Essendon Gardens, WGC.