Why should Hatfield school suffer?
SIR – With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site. As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and n
SIR - With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site.
As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and non elected local politicians. Why the bickering? Just get on with the job!
Placing a large noisy plant next to any school is, in my mind, stupid in the extreme but next to a special needs school insane. The pupils at Southfield benefit from the quiet position, landscaping keeps the noise of the lorries that use the industrial estate nearby under control.
Moving the school as I have heard suggested would be wrong. This school was purpose-built to take into account the needs of the pupils and the staff in its day to day running. This school MUST be left in peace to do its job of educating those children, who through no fault of their own, need special education.
Just as an afterthought, has anyone thought about the bereaved at the Southway Cemetery trying to bury a loved one with noise and fumes coming from this plant, not a nice way to end a very traumatic day.
So come on county council, see sense and relocate this plant in a better location.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Panshanger Park plans on planting 17,000 trees in honour of the Platinum Jubilee
Steve Lounds, Essendon Gardens, WGC.