Why should Hatfield school suffer?
SIR – With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site. As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and n
SIR - With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site.
As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and non elected local politicians. Why the bickering? Just get on with the job!
Placing a large noisy plant next to any school is, in my mind, stupid in the extreme but next to a special needs school insane. The pupils at Southfield benefit from the quiet position, landscaping keeps the noise of the lorries that use the industrial estate nearby under control.
Moving the school as I have heard suggested would be wrong. This school was purpose-built to take into account the needs of the pupils and the staff in its day to day running. This school MUST be left in peace to do its job of educating those children, who through no fault of their own, need special education.
You may also want to watch:
Just as an afterthought, has anyone thought about the bereaved at the Southway Cemetery trying to bury a loved one with noise and fumes coming from this plant, not a nice way to end a very traumatic day.
So come on county council, see sense and relocate this plant in a better location.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
Steve Lounds, Essendon Gardens, WGC.