Why should Hatfield school suffer?
SIR – With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site. As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and n
SIR - With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site.
As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and non elected local politicians. Why the bickering? Just get on with the job!
Placing a large noisy plant next to any school is, in my mind, stupid in the extreme but next to a special needs school insane. The pupils at Southfield benefit from the quiet position, landscaping keeps the noise of the lorries that use the industrial estate nearby under control.
Moving the school as I have heard suggested would be wrong. This school was purpose-built to take into account the needs of the pupils and the staff in its day to day running. This school MUST be left in peace to do its job of educating those children, who through no fault of their own, need special education.
You may also want to watch:
Just as an afterthought, has anyone thought about the bereaved at the Southway Cemetery trying to bury a loved one with noise and fumes coming from this plant, not a nice way to end a very traumatic day.
So come on county council, see sense and relocate this plant in a better location.
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
Steve Lounds, Essendon Gardens, WGC.