Why should Hatfield school suffer?
SIR – With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site. As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and n
SIR - With regards to the building of a waste incinerator at the New Barnfields site.
As a parent of a special needs child that attended the Southfield School I am annoyed at the petty party political, childish points scoring attitude of the elected and non elected local politicians. Why the bickering? Just get on with the job!
Placing a large noisy plant next to any school is, in my mind, stupid in the extreme but next to a special needs school insane. The pupils at Southfield benefit from the quiet position, landscaping keeps the noise of the lorries that use the industrial estate nearby under control.
Moving the school as I have heard suggested would be wrong. This school was purpose-built to take into account the needs of the pupils and the staff in its day to day running. This school MUST be left in peace to do its job of educating those children, who through no fault of their own, need special education.
You may also want to watch:
Just as an afterthought, has anyone thought about the bereaved at the Southway Cemetery trying to bury a loved one with noise and fumes coming from this plant, not a nice way to end a very traumatic day.
So come on county council, see sense and relocate this plant in a better location.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Steve Lounds, Essendon Gardens, WGC.