Why is caf� closed at leisure centre?
SIR – Regarding Birchwood Leisure Centre in Hatfield.
Why has Hatfield Town Council closed the cafe on these premises?
This is depriving the users, mostly young children, of refreshments, much needed after vigorous exercise in the sports centre.
They now have to pay for a cup of water from a machine, whereas previously a member of staff would make a nice fruit squash for a thirsty child for a small sum.
What on earth do these councillors hope to achieve by their actions?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Exploring the challenges of being furloughed during lockdown
- 4 Charity's face mask exempt cards sold at an inflated price on Facebook
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 Head of planning to leave for county council role
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield's links to new Disney+ series WandaVision