Why is caf� closed at leisure centre?
SIR – Regarding Birchwood Leisure Centre in Hatfield.
Why has Hatfield Town Council closed the cafe on these premises?
This is depriving the users, mostly young children, of refreshments, much needed after vigorous exercise in the sports centre.
They now have to pay for a cup of water from a machine, whereas previously a member of staff would make a nice fruit squash for a thirsty child for a small sum.
What on earth do these councillors hope to achieve by their actions?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 8 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year