Why is caf� closed at leisure centre?
SIR – Regarding Birchwood Leisure Centre in Hatfield.
Why has Hatfield Town Council closed the cafe on these premises?
This is depriving the users, mostly young children, of refreshments, much needed after vigorous exercise in the sports centre.
They now have to pay for a cup of water from a machine, whereas previously a member of staff would make a nice fruit squash for a thirsty child for a small sum.
What on earth do these councillors hope to achieve by their actions?
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Hatfield tenant upset over housing issue that has yet to be rectified after a year
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 5 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Hertfordshire County Council will fund free summer activity camps for children in the Welwyn Hatfield area
- 8 Officers to tackle Potters Bar Nitrous Oxide sales as part of policing priorities
- 9 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'