Why is caf� closed at leisure centre?
SIR – Regarding Birchwood Leisure Centre in Hatfield.
Why has Hatfield Town Council closed the cafe on these premises?
This is depriving the users, mostly young children, of refreshments, much needed after vigorous exercise in the sports centre.
They now have to pay for a cup of water from a machine, whereas previously a member of staff would make a nice fruit squash for a thirsty child for a small sum.
What on earth do these councillors hope to achieve by their actions?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition