Why is caf� closed at leisure centre?
SIR – Regarding Birchwood Leisure Centre in Hatfield.
Why has Hatfield Town Council closed the cafe on these premises?
This is depriving the users, mostly young children, of refreshments, much needed after vigorous exercise in the sports centre.
They now have to pay for a cup of water from a machine, whereas previously a member of staff would make a nice fruit squash for a thirsty child for a small sum.
What on earth do these councillors hope to achieve by their actions?
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 4 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 7 Council fights for lower housing targets
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 £45m bid to improve QEII Hospital
- 10 Flooding in Hatfield 'damages' vehicles