Why all these empty properties in Welwyn Hatfield?
SIR – I write in response MP Shapps latest attempt at headline grabbing. I refer to The Empty Property Rescue Scheme , WHT, March 4. Before he rolls out a national campaign let him look a lot closer to home. A couple of years ago I was with a friend
SIR - I write in response MP Shapps' latest attempt at headline grabbing. I refer to 'The Empty Property Rescue Scheme', WHT, March 4.
Before he rolls out a national campaign let him look a lot closer to home.
A couple of years ago I was with a friend who was discussing housing with Mr Shapps. My friend pointed out that our council had emptied Ley House, Long Ley, Panshanger, over a period of at least 15 years and 32 modern (late 70s) flats were, and still are, empty!
My mother's flat has been empty for nearly 10 years; all that's left in the building are a few items left by former residents.
You may also want to watch:
Besides being an appaling disservice to the local homeless, the loss to the community of rent and rates at even a modest �50 a week is in the order of �800,000.
Come on Mr Shapps, you look and talk well, let's see some action. Get past the stone-walling of the council. Others in the area may know of similar mis-use of community assets. They are not the council's property to neglect but to manage!
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
George Munn, Sloansway, WGC.