Where are the mowers
Sir – On June 9 I was driving up Bericot Way in Panshanger on a nice hot and sunny afternoon when I thought I saw a mirage in front of me! But my eyes were not deceiving me – it was a grasscutter from Serco! And, it was actually cutting the grass!
Sir - On June 9 I was driving up Bericot Way in Panshanger on a nice hot and sunny afternoon when I thought I saw a mirage in front of me! But my eyes were not deceiving me - it was a grasscutter from Serco! And, it was actually cutting the grass!
I nearly crashed, I was that shocked!
Can someone tell me how a company who are paid to maintain the landscaping do hardly anything other than take the pounds from our council tax. I cannot remember the last time I saw the grass being cut. In some areas it must be nearly a foot high! How can the council allow our town to become so neglected?
It's a disgrace and something needs to be done now! The council increases our tax bills above inflation every year and it now seems every year we have poorer services throughout! I think if Serco cannot provide the service they are paid to do they should be struck off.
You may also want to watch:
No excuses, like it's rained too much and the grass grows quicker! Once upon a time seeing the mowers out was a regular sight, now it's hardly ever. All the subway banks and hills and parkland never get cut and it's outrageous! If Serco haven't the manpower nor equipment to maintain this town and keep it as a garden city then they should resign!!
In the meantime maybe we should withhold our council tax for a month until we see improvements? Its time to make a change and we have the power to do so.
- 1 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 2 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 3 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 4 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 5 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
Chris Punter, address supplied.