Where are the mowers
Sir – On June 9 I was driving up Bericot Way in Panshanger on a nice hot and sunny afternoon when I thought I saw a mirage in front of me! But my eyes were not deceiving me – it was a grasscutter from Serco! And, it was actually cutting the grass!
Sir - On June 9 I was driving up Bericot Way in Panshanger on a nice hot and sunny afternoon when I thought I saw a mirage in front of me! But my eyes were not deceiving me - it was a grasscutter from Serco! And, it was actually cutting the grass!
I nearly crashed, I was that shocked!
Can someone tell me how a company who are paid to maintain the landscaping do hardly anything other than take the pounds from our council tax. I cannot remember the last time I saw the grass being cut. In some areas it must be nearly a foot high! How can the council allow our town to become so neglected?
It's a disgrace and something needs to be done now! The council increases our tax bills above inflation every year and it now seems every year we have poorer services throughout! I think if Serco cannot provide the service they are paid to do they should be struck off.
You may also want to watch:
No excuses, like it's rained too much and the grass grows quicker! Once upon a time seeing the mowers out was a regular sight, now it's hardly ever. All the subway banks and hills and parkland never get cut and it's outrageous! If Serco haven't the manpower nor equipment to maintain this town and keep it as a garden city then they should resign!!
In the meantime maybe we should withhold our council tax for a month until we see improvements? Its time to make a change and we have the power to do so.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 7 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
Chris Punter, address supplied.