Where are the mowers
Sir – On June 9 I was driving up Bericot Way in Panshanger on a nice hot and sunny afternoon when I thought I saw a mirage in front of me! But my eyes were not deceiving me – it was a grasscutter from Serco! And, it was actually cutting the grass!
Sir - On June 9 I was driving up Bericot Way in Panshanger on a nice hot and sunny afternoon when I thought I saw a mirage in front of me! But my eyes were not deceiving me - it was a grasscutter from Serco! And, it was actually cutting the grass!
I nearly crashed, I was that shocked!
Can someone tell me how a company who are paid to maintain the landscaping do hardly anything other than take the pounds from our council tax. I cannot remember the last time I saw the grass being cut. In some areas it must be nearly a foot high! How can the council allow our town to become so neglected?
It's a disgrace and something needs to be done now! The council increases our tax bills above inflation every year and it now seems every year we have poorer services throughout! I think if Serco cannot provide the service they are paid to do they should be struck off.
No excuses, like it's rained too much and the grass grows quicker! Once upon a time seeing the mowers out was a regular sight, now it's hardly ever. All the subway banks and hills and parkland never get cut and it's outrageous! If Serco haven't the manpower nor equipment to maintain this town and keep it as a garden city then they should resign!!
In the meantime maybe we should withhold our council tax for a month until we see improvements? Its time to make a change and we have the power to do so.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 8 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
Chris Punter, address supplied.