What, why when and if?
Sir – The various reports in the WHT, December 26, covering the board meeting which confirmed the long anticipated fate of the QE2 Hospital, WGC in favour of the Lister, Stevenage, left me with that uncomfortable feeling of déjà vu. Memories of when, ha
Sir - The various reports in the WHT, December 26, covering the 'board meeting' which confirmed the long anticipated fate of the QE2 Hospital, WGC in favour of the Lister, Stevenage, left me with that uncomfortable feeling of déjà vu. Memories of when, having stripped down an item to rectify a fault, various unidentified parts still remained on the bench despite painstaking re-assembly.
Could it be that hospital chiefs are currently in that same situation of stripping down and finding, already, that there is a mounting pile of 'parts' that they are unable to identify or re-assemble safely?
These parts are the 'how, what, where, when, why and ifs' of a controversial exercise in public health which will not allow second or third chances if the initial attempt shows signs of failure, with ease of access for the less able already a looming priority.
I was also less than impressed with the reported excuses given by the MP for not attending the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
While the redeeming feature was to be spared the party political innuendo and yet another photograph, I found it a little arrogant on his part to state that he didn't want to dignity the proceedings with a response by attending, when the meeting was not actually about Mr Shapps anyway.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
Harwood Hill, WGC.