What, why when and if?
Sir – The various reports in the WHT, December 26, covering the board meeting which confirmed the long anticipated fate of the QE2 Hospital, WGC in favour of the Lister, Stevenage, left me with that uncomfortable feeling of déjà vu. Memories of when, ha
Sir - The various reports in the WHT, December 26, covering the 'board meeting' which confirmed the long anticipated fate of the QE2 Hospital, WGC in favour of the Lister, Stevenage, left me with that uncomfortable feeling of déjà vu. Memories of when, having stripped down an item to rectify a fault, various unidentified parts still remained on the bench despite painstaking re-assembly.
Could it be that hospital chiefs are currently in that same situation of stripping down and finding, already, that there is a mounting pile of 'parts' that they are unable to identify or re-assemble safely?
These parts are the 'how, what, where, when, why and ifs' of a controversial exercise in public health which will not allow second or third chances if the initial attempt shows signs of failure, with ease of access for the less able already a looming priority.
I was also less than impressed with the reported excuses given by the MP for not attending the meeting.
You may also want to watch:
While the redeeming feature was to be spared the party political innuendo and yet another photograph, I found it a little arrogant on his part to state that he didn't want to dignity the proceedings with a response by attending, when the meeting was not actually about Mr Shapps anyway.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 5 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Harwood Hill, WGC.