What were they elected for?
SIR – Our MP and councillors are GREAT! Now that all the local politicians have said there usual thanks after coming to power, are we going to see any change?? The answer is NO! If we look at WGC now, it is shameful in what is left. No swimming pool, hos
SIR - Our MP and councillors are GREAT!
Now that all the local politicians have said there usual thanks after coming to power, are we going to see any change?? The answer is NO!
If we look at WGC now, it is shameful in what is left. No swimming pool, hospital being closed down and the regeneration scheme in Hatfield stopped. Yet when it comes to election times, false promises are made, thinking that we are all fools.
Firstly, our great MP Grant Shapps - seems to be in the media campaigning for everything, yet not being able to deliver.
I ask MP Shapps - you have come to power on the votes of the residents, not on your PR spin. It is time to deliver!!!! Give your voters what they want!!!!! To date, I am waiting for Mr Shapps to hold an open forum for the residents to attend. Why has this not happened? Mr Shapps knows that he has not been able to deliver on what he was elected for!!!!!!
As for the councillors - what difference has been made to Welwyn and Hatfield over the past 10 years?
- 1 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 2 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 See inside this rumoured prison conversion in Welwyn village
- 8 Six buses damaged at Potters Bar Bus Garage after 'significant' blaze
- 9 Noel Tovey named as managing director at Sky Studios Elstree and first production announced as Wicked
- 10 96-year-old WGC woman remembers the Queen's Coronation ahead of Platinum Jubilee
Nothing. The same pot holes, the same litter, the same story - not enough money to invest or lack of resources.
If this is the case, what are you doing with our council tax?
Local and national politicians need to realise that taxpayers are not stupid, and elect members on good faith and a hope for change.
You are all elected to make a difference, not to live a life of PR spin and money at the cost of the taxpayer.
Sam Pandya, Holwell Road, WGC.