What new GP health centre at the QE2 will offer
SIR – Over the last couple of months, much has been written about GP-health centres and polyclinics. At recent meetings with community groups including the health working group chaired by Welwyn Hatfield Council, we have been asked to spell out what is be
SIR - Over the last couple of months, much has been written about GP-health centres and polyclinics. At recent meetings with community groups including the health working group chaired by Welwyn Hatfield Council, we have been asked to spell out what is being planned locally and to reassure people that there is no threat to existing local practices.
In spring 2009, a GP-led health centre will open on the QE2 hospital site. It will offer:
'Walk-in' appointments to see a doctor or nurse between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week, 365 days a year
Healthcare services without the need to register
You may also want to watch:
The choice to register with the health centre and make advance appointments if preferred
The centre is in addition to existing GP practices in the area and no practice will close as a result of the health centre.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 5 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
East and North Hertfordshire Primary Care Trust has the responsibility of making the GP-led health centre a reality and has asked potential providers to put forward proposals to develop and run it.
The new GP-led health centre will be an important part of the redevelopment of the QE2 Hospital. We very much welcome the involvement of the Health Working Group in influencing and shaping services locally.
Gareth Jones, director of strategic planning, Hertfordshire PCTs.