What a nice traffic warden!
SIR – I felt compelled to write in defence of traffic wardens. I know this may sound alien to some people, but my experience on Monday, October 29, certainly changed my slightly blinkered opinion of them. I had to visit WGC town centre to take my mother
SIR - I felt compelled to write in defence of traffic wardens.
I know this may sound alien to some people, but my experience on Monday, October 29, certainly changed my slightly blinkered opinion of them.
I had to visit WGC town centre to take my mother, who is in her late 70s, to the bank.
I pulled up outside the bank and let her walk the short distance while I waited with the car.
You may also want to watch:
I was actually slightly overhanging a double yellow line which I had not realised when stopping.
After a couple of minutes a traffic warden approached my car and I explained that I would only be a couple of minutes while my mother was in the bank.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 7 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 8 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 9 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 10 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
He politely told me that there was a vacant parking space even closer to the bank and walked over to the space and waited there until I moved my car.
He then explaned how long I could stay in that space.
He really went out of his way to help and I really appreciated this.
Traffic wardens often get a bad press, but please remember, they are human beings and only doing their job.
If we treat them with respect, I am sure it will be returned; it certainly was on this occassion.
Jon Green, Elmoor Close,