What a nice traffic warden!
SIR – I felt compelled to write in defence of traffic wardens. I know this may sound alien to some people, but my experience on Monday, October 29, certainly changed my slightly blinkered opinion of them. I had to visit WGC town centre to take my mother
SIR - I felt compelled to write in defence of traffic wardens.
I know this may sound alien to some people, but my experience on Monday, October 29, certainly changed my slightly blinkered opinion of them.
I had to visit WGC town centre to take my mother, who is in her late 70s, to the bank.
I pulled up outside the bank and let her walk the short distance while I waited with the car.
You may also want to watch:
I was actually slightly overhanging a double yellow line which I had not realised when stopping.
After a couple of minutes a traffic warden approached my car and I explained that I would only be a couple of minutes while my mother was in the bank.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 6 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 10 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
He politely told me that there was a vacant parking space even closer to the bank and walked over to the space and waited there until I moved my car.
He then explaned how long I could stay in that space.
He really went out of his way to help and I really appreciated this.
Traffic wardens often get a bad press, but please remember, they are human beings and only doing their job.
If we treat them with respect, I am sure it will be returned; it certainly was on this occassion.
Jon Green, Elmoor Close,