WGC road still a danger
SIR – With reference to a couple of letters concerning the parking in Knightsfield, WGC, around the Haldens roundabout. The authorties know all about this situation as my elderly parents live in one of the cul de sacs by the railway bridge. They have had
SIR - With reference to a couple of letters concerning the parking in Knightsfield, WGC, around the Haldens roundabout.
The authorties know all about this situation as my elderly parents live in one of the cul de sacs by the railway bridge.
They have had councillors involved; the highways authority and police have been contacted by letters.
Their concern, raised first three years ago, was the volume of traffic up and down this road and the speed drivers drove.
You may also want to watch:
They asked for a crossing to be placed somewhere along this road for safely reasons, but the people concerned said there was no reason for a crossing (they counted the people crossing mid-morning and not rush hour).
This is unlike Heronswood Road, which has a set of traffic lights often operated by the school lollipop lady so that she can see children over the road. Good money spent there.
- 1 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
Now we have cars from Shire Park parking up this road. It is very dangerous as people turn out of the park and almost have your the of their car into yours.
I have contacted MP Grant Shapps about this as local councillors do not seem to want to know about this dangerous situation.
I have also seen police cars drive up and down this road so they have a good idea of the situation.
I feel that now the council, highways and police will only do something when it is too late and some poor soul is killed on this road; this has happened in the past, in the the days of ICI.
It is time the borough council, highways, county council and police opened their eyes to see the danger.
I feel myself these people are not interested at all.
Aldbury Grove, WGC