Welwyn Hatfield signs still obscured
Sir – With reference to the road signs still covered by trees and branches, the 82 signs referred to in your report (WHT, April 15) is not the total number of road signs in Herts. It is the total number that Herts Highways thought were covered up. I at
Sir - With reference to the road signs still covered by trees and branches, the 82 signs referred to in your report (WHT, April 15) is not the total number of road signs in Herts. It is the total number that Herts Highways thought were covered up. I at first though they meant 82 obscured in Welwyn Hatfield, but they meant just 82 across the whole county, from Rickmansworth to Royston, Tring to Waltham Cross.
Hardly believable is it?
Anyway, there are plenty still to do, and I look forward to them getting the job done properly as we were promised.
The normally accurate press department at County Hall seem to have got themselves thoroughly confused in their response to your reporter:
You may also want to watch:
They say the signs at Mill Green are included in their plan.
An email to me of January 27 of signs to be cleared in Welwyn Hatfield does not list those at Mill Green, nor the obscured sign in Osborn Way.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
The work was delayed by the need to fix potholes after the February snow.
An email of March 24 says all sites have been cleared.
Why couldn't they have said that they underestimated how many signs needed clearing? They would have done better if they had asked councillors to notify obscured signs (they didn't).
Lytton Gardens, WGC.