Welwyn Hatfield signs still obscured
Sir – With reference to the road signs still covered by trees and branches, the 82 signs referred to in your report (WHT, April 15) is not the total number of road signs in Herts. It is the total number that Herts Highways thought were covered up. I at
Sir - With reference to the road signs still covered by trees and branches, the 82 signs referred to in your report (WHT, April 15) is not the total number of road signs in Herts. It is the total number that Herts Highways thought were covered up. I at first though they meant 82 obscured in Welwyn Hatfield, but they meant just 82 across the whole county, from Rickmansworth to Royston, Tring to Waltham Cross.
Hardly believable is it?
Anyway, there are plenty still to do, and I look forward to them getting the job done properly as we were promised.
The normally accurate press department at County Hall seem to have got themselves thoroughly confused in their response to your reporter:
You may also want to watch:
They say the signs at Mill Green are included in their plan.
An email to me of January 27 of signs to be cleared in Welwyn Hatfield does not list those at Mill Green, nor the obscured sign in Osborn Way.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
The work was delayed by the need to fix potholes after the February snow.
An email of March 24 says all sites have been cleared.
Why couldn't they have said that they underestimated how many signs needed clearing? They would have done better if they had asked councillors to notify obscured signs (they didn't).
Lytton Gardens, WGC.