Welwyn Hatfield signs still obscured
Sir – With reference to the road signs still covered by trees and branches, the 82 signs referred to in your report (WHT, April 15) is not the total number of road signs in Herts. It is the total number that Herts Highways thought were covered up. I at
Sir - With reference to the road signs still covered by trees and branches, the 82 signs referred to in your report (WHT, April 15) is not the total number of road signs in Herts. It is the total number that Herts Highways thought were covered up. I at first though they meant 82 obscured in Welwyn Hatfield, but they meant just 82 across the whole county, from Rickmansworth to Royston, Tring to Waltham Cross.
Hardly believable is it?
Anyway, there are plenty still to do, and I look forward to them getting the job done properly as we were promised.
The normally accurate press department at County Hall seem to have got themselves thoroughly confused in their response to your reporter:
You may also want to watch:
They say the signs at Mill Green are included in their plan.
An email to me of January 27 of signs to be cleared in Welwyn Hatfield does not list those at Mill Green, nor the obscured sign in Osborn Way.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 3 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
The work was delayed by the need to fix potholes after the February snow.
An email of March 24 says all sites have been cleared.
Why couldn't they have said that they underestimated how many signs needed clearing? They would have done better if they had asked councillors to notify obscured signs (they didn't).
Lytton Gardens, WGC.