We welcome the polyclinic
SIR – I am indebted to your correspondent Betty Saunders who asks (WHT March 25) where were the Liberals, by the way? in her letter about bias. The question related to our position on the new GP-led health centre for which the contract was won by a loc
SIR - I am indebted to your correspondent Betty Saunders who asks (WHT March 25) "where were the Liberals, by the way?" in her letter about bias.
The question related to our position on the new GP-led health centre for which the contract was won by a local consortium of Welwyn Hatfield GP practices.
The answer to Mrs Saunders' question is: "Very much in support of the project and mightily relieved that a local group was successful, so avoiding the possibility of the centre being run by a profit-centred private health provider from overseas."
Mrs Saunders' letter coincided with yet another piece of alarmist nonsense from our busy MP continuing to promote his belief that the new health centre will destroy local GP surgeries.
You may also want to watch:
If I could find any logic in Mr Shapps' arguments I would be just as concerned as he makes out he is. However, his ideas simply do not make sense. Does he really believe that the consortium made up of all the local surgeries would actually encourage patients to deregister so as to join the new clinic's list?
This sort of logic beggars belief and I do urge Mr Shapps to remember the old adage "When you are in a hole STOP digging!"
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
He certainly is in a hole by continuing his ill-conceived campaign to fight against the new health centre as it is just fuelling worries among some of our vulnerable residents about losing their local surgeries. Come on Grant, either admit you got it wrong or just put that particular spade away.
Cllr Tony Skottowe, Liberal Democrat health champion.