We need sponsors!
SIR – Hailey Hall School, which is a special school in east Hertfordshire, has been invited to take part in an exciting event held annually in Melbourne, Australia. This opportunity has arisen because one of our teachers, Mrs Trish Turner, used to teach
SIR - Hailey Hall School, which is a special school in east Hertfordshire, has been invited to take part in an exciting event held annually in Melbourne, Australia.
This opportunity has arisen because one of our teachers, Mrs Trish Turner, used to teach in the area where the race takes place.
Every year hundreds of Australian schools participate in the competition which involves building and racing a human powered vehicle (a recumbent tricycle) on a circuit.
Ours is the first school in the UK to be invited to participate in this established event.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers are sending the kit over to us to assemble, modify, develop and practice on.
We envisage sending a team of 10 boys and three staff for this test of endurance, stamina and skill.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 4 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
The event takes place in November, which gives us some time to organise sponsorship.
If any readers would like more information about the event or might be interested in some form of sponsorship we would be delighted to hear from them.
Hailey Hall School,