We can’t park outside our own house as it is!
SIR – I would like to add my voice to news of the ridiculous announcement of parking charges being introduced at KGV.
I live in Howicks Green, off Howlands, very close to the QE2.
We have a daily battle with visitors and employees of the hospital parking in our street.
We have personally received a letter from the council threatening prosecution and a �500 fine if my partner continues to park on the grass verge outside our property, but as this is the only available space what else are we expected to to do?
There are no nearby garages available to rent and if we want to drop the kerb and provide our own driveway, this has to be done at our own expense.
You may also want to watch:
I have spoken to someone in the communities and environment department at the borough council who had no interest in our problem at all and I have also emailed my MP to see if anything else can be done to help this situation.
The council seems hell-bent on making life increasing difficult for residents, except if you are a council tenant, when dropped kerbs, crossovers and driveways are provided free of charge!
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 3 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 4 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 5 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 6 Isabel Hospice 'excited' to reopen charity shops on April 12
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City John Lewis survives as retailer announces closures
- 9 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 10 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings